The program provides veterans' benefits experts at various veterans administration regional offices, hospitals, vet centers, and state and county veterans facilities.
- Provides available assistance to ALL Veterans, their dependents, widows and orphans.
- Processes veterans' claims for compensation, pension, medical care, education, job training, employment, veterans preference, housing, death, and burial benefits.
- Serves on President's Committee for employment of people with disabilities.
- Assists in identifying and helping homeless veterans.
National Appeals Office Located in Washington, D.C.
- Provides quality and professional representation for veterans whose benefits have been denied at the local VA regional office.
Court of Veterans Appeals
- One of five national veterans organizations presenting veterans' claims before the court.
- One of only four organizations to employ a full time attorney at law to represent veterans.
- Court decisions can affect rating decision in thousands of veterans claims. Successful representations protect all veterans.
National Outreach Program
- Provides services to veterans in rural and urban areas.
- Reaches handicapped and destitute veterans unable to go to a VA regional office.
- Educates veterans on their benefits and entitlements.