STANDARD OPERATING PROCEDURE
I. Warrior's initial contact: Department Commander State of New Mexico,
Pete Comstock- 505-270-4689.
- Department Commander listens to Warrior's problems, determines location of nearest MOPH Chapter, gets Warrior's phone number and immediately contacts Chapter Commander.
- Chapter Commander immediately contacts MOPH Patriot who will provide the Peer to Peer counseling, briefs him on the Warrior's situation, and gives him the Warrior's phone number.
- Local MOPH Patriot immediately contacts Warrior by phone.
II. Initial contact between MOPH Patriot and Warrior.
- Listen to Warrior carefully.
- Share your strength, hope, and experience with Warrior.
- Develop trust with Warrior.
- Arrange face to faced meeting with Warrior.
- Continue to listen, empathize, and refer Warrior to needed resources.
III. Resources available to Warrior.
- Vet Centers: Albuquerque-1600 Mountain Road-505-346-6562
Farmington-4251 E. Main- 505-327-9684
Las Cruces-230 S. Water Street-575-523-9826
Santa Fe-2209 Brothers Road, Ste. 110-505-988-6562
- Suicide Hot Line-1-800-784-2443 or 1-800-273-8255
- VA Medical Center-1501 San Pedro Dr., SE-505-265-1711
- Book, "The Warriors Guide To Insanity" by Sgt. Brandi
- Web Site www.SgtBrandi.com
- Web Site www.nmpurpleheart.org
- State Government employment preferences-www.vfwdc.org.employment/guide.html
- New Mexico benefits and services-www.dvs.state.nm.us/benefits.html
- New GI Bill-www.gibill2008.org
- Free vacations for OIF/OEF Purple Heart Recipients-www.vacationsforveterans.org
- American Military Families www.AMF100.org
- Grace After Fire (for Women) www.graceafterfire.org